Susan S, M.Ed Leadership, LBS1
Special Education Teacher
Eyas Landing Employee Since 2023
Bachelors of Science in Elementary Education with a Middle Level Endorsement,
Masters in Educational Leadership,
Saint Xavier University
Learner Behavioral Specialist – LBS1,
National Louis University
- Gradual Release of Instruction, Differentiation, IEP and 504 Development and Advocacy
- Case Management and Mentoring
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (Pre-K to 8th Grade)
- Executive Functioning
- Guided Reading and Math
- Assistive Technology
- Social Emotional Learning
- Flexible Seating
- Multi-Sensory Learning
- Jolly Phonics
- Handwriting Without Tears
- This new position as a special education teacher at Merlin Day Academy Avondale is a first step towards continuing to grow within my professional goals. I’d love to find opportunities to continue using my leadership experience to support and learn from my fellow therapists / teachers and students.
I’m excited that my journey within education continues to grow and evolve! This is my 16th year in education. Since 2014, I shifted from general education to supporting students with diverse needs as a special education teacher. I’ve always been drawn and inspired by teaching due to the opportunities it provides me to motivate, educate, learn from, and advocate for students! It’s about the seemingly small moments in which students get something or feel understood that continues to drive me within the field. I look forward to collaborating with the interdisciplinary team in order to support student academic and social / emotional growth!
My Eyas Landing
I’m excited to join Eyas Landing and Merlin Day Academy Avondale during January 2023!
Eyas Landing is a therapy clinic with a mission to provide evidence-based and family-centered therapy services for children, adolescents, and their families. The primary goal is to deliver relationship-based interventions within the most natural environments and to empower families to reach their full potential. To achieve this goal, our highly educated, compassionate staff dedicates time and expertise to create experiences that maximize therapeutic outcomes. The strength, determination, and perseverance of our clients are evident as they succeed in therapy, and ultimately in their daily lives.
Eyas Landing offers a wide range of comprehensive services including Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, ABA Therapy, Social Work, Family Therapy, and Neuropsych testing. Services are provided throughout the Chicagoland area via Telehealth, In-Home, and in our state of the art clinic.